CCR License of Clarivate Analytics/MetaCore
The CCR Office of Science and Technology Resources (OSTR) and the Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (CBIIT) has formed an agreement with Clarivate Analytics, to provide their pathway analysis database and analysis tools, MetaCoreTM and MetaRodentTM.
As an NCI researcher, you have full access to use the MetaCore/MetaRodent platform.
You must submit a request through “NCI at Your Service” to
obtain access to MetaCore Software.
What is MetaCore?
- Product highlights – Data Mining & Pathway Analysis
- Analyze ANY experimental high-throughput data in the context of pathways, networks, and maps – ideal for data mining and pathway analysis applications
- Identify affected pathways and networks for your lists of genes, proteins, transcripts or compounds
- Easy-to-use workflow wizards for data upload, analysis and interpretation for pathway analysis, gene expression and more
- Concurrently visualize and cross-validate different types of data from gene expression to pathway analysis
- Choose from ten network-creating algorithms and multiple filters for optimal data mining
- Take advantage of the annotated content database that took over 100 man-years to assemble
- Over 500 interactive maps with consensus knowledge of human biology
- Visualize mouse, rat, worm, fly, yeast and dog data on maps and networks
- Mine your data in real time: multiple data points, conditions, time-series, treatments through animated videos
- Apply disease, tissue, functional processes and sub-cellular localization filters to focus networks on information relevant to study
- Have total control over settings: your choice of ranges, colors, data sets, etc.
- Select, save & export high-resolution images of pathways and networks for pathway analysis mapping
Sample Data Images
Click here to learn about MetaCore’s curated content and data analysis tools, including integration with experimental data from a wide variety of common commercial array platforms (e.g., Agilent, Affymetrix, CodeLink, Illumina, SNP arrays, etc.)
For researchers with Rodent data:
MetaRodent™ is based on a unique, proprietary, manually-curated database of human, mouse, and rat-specific protein-protein, protein-nucleic acid, and protein-compound interactions. MetaRodent™ allows functional analysis of genomic, metabolomic, proteomic, siRNA and other information-rich screening data, in order to discover pathway-linked biomarkers and drug targets, or evaluate system-level effects of bioactive compounds, including indications, side effects, and toxicity. Importantly, MetaRodent™ mouse and rat content do not derive from orthologous gene matching between rodent and human, but on the specific manual curation of rodent genes, proteins, protein complexes, protein function, transcriptional regulation, etc. from experimental literature. MetaRodent™ enables a direct comparison between metabolism, signaling, and cellular processes in human and model organisms. In addition to species-specific content, the MetaRodent™ database allows comparative analysis, via ortholog mapping, including other eukaryotic species.
Is training available?
Check the CCR Bioinformatics Training and Education Schedule to find out when the next MetaCore training is planned: BTEP Calendar
MetaCore also provides free monthly online training sessions. Future session dates and topics are listed here: Clarivate’s YouTube Channel
To get on the mailing list for the training please contact John Metz email@example.com